Book Translation and eBook Generation Services
Have you ever wondered Which one is better: hardbacks, paperbacks, or eBooks?
well, we have been testing these methods to give you the answer, it is the ebook. in this blog, we will show you the reasons why
in addition, we will show you the importance of book translation and the opportunity you have as a writer or a publishing house. what I am 100% sure of it that you will not waste your time
Translated books make it easier for more readers to purchase and consume them. However, the book translation process is not that simple. It’s a multi-layered process that needs professional translators in order to be done.
In this article, we’ll discuss the following:
- Why do you need to translate your book?
- Books translation related services
- eBook generation
- What is an eBook?
- Reflowable vs Fixed-layout eBooks
- eBook Formats
- 5 Benefits of eBooks
- How to choose the right LSP for translating your books?
Why do you need to translate your book (Buchübersetzung)?When a book is translated, it sells more copies in more than one country, giving the book translator, the author, and the publishing house a good branding opportunity to strengthen their work.
Books translation-related services
- Multilingual Translation
- ebook Template
- Typesetting (Desktop Publishing)
- Graphic Illustration
- Book Indexing
- Cover Design
- Monolingual Proofreading
- Quality Assurance
- XML Tagging
- eBook Generation
Check more about our book translation services. (Buchübersetzung)
What is an eBook? or was ist ein ebook?An electronic book is a non-editable book that is converted to a digital format to be read on any digital device such as a tablet, smartphone, computer, eReader devices, etc.
Examples of eReader (electronic reader) devices:
- Amazon’s Kindle
- Rakuten’s Kobo
- Barnes & Noble’s Nook
Regarding the layout of the eBook, there are two main types for writing an ebook: Reflowable and Fixed-layout eBooks. Reflowable eBooks usually contain more of text than images and graphs. The content included in this type is fluid that it fits the size of the screen. While reading on a smartphone, you’ll get properly sized characters, but turn the pages more often.
Reflowable vs Fixed-layout eBooks
Sometimes the layout design is critical. In this case, you’ll need a fixed-layout eBook. This type defines a viewport, i.e. the size of the page in pixels, which usually contains many images exactly positioned to text relatively. You can see this type in photo books, magazines and comics. On a small screen, you’ll have to zoom and scroll in the page to read the text.
In fixed-layout eBooks, you may face some issues with books written in bidirectional languages, i.e. punctuation, Arabic alphabetical numbering, brackets direction and also alignment and reading order issues. This is one of our strengths as Saudisoft. We can help you get a bidirectional error-free eBook.
The most widely adopted format of eBooks is EPUB. It was developed by the International Digital Publishing Forum, which is now part of the World Wide Web. The EPUB format superseded the old Open EBook format (OEB) in 2007. EPUB can support color images, SVG graphics, interactive elements, and full videos.
After EPUB comes MOBI format, the second most commonly used one. It also grew out of the old OEB format by the French company “Mobipocket” in 2000. Then Amazon bought the company in 2005 and operated for 11 years, after which it shut down Mobipocket’s website and servers, but the MOBI format continues to live on.
Unlike EPUB, MOBI format is not an open standard, therefore, it is not publicly available. It also cannot support sound or video. EPUB and MOBI support both reflowable and fixed-layout eBooks types.
Other eBooks formats are:
- AZW (.azw)
- PDF (.pdf)
- LRS, LRF, and LRX (Sony)
- LIT (Microsoft)
- RTF (Rich Text Format)
To make a book more accessible for a wider segment of the audience, you can convert a regular book into an eBook. This has many benefits for the user/reader that we’ll discuss in the following lines.
Benefits of eBooks:
- eBooks save space for bookworms who don’t have room for big libraries to store their books.
- eBooks save money. The average price of an eBook is less than $5, whereas paperback books are more than $10.
- eBooks are environmentally friendly. Books printing consumes about 16 million tons of paper every year, which is 32 million trees! Plus the pollution resulted from paper manufacturing. eBooks don’t need all of this.
- eBooks are portable and convenient making people’s lives easier allowing them to have a portable library at their fingertips.
- eBooks are downloadable at a glance. You can get an eBook instantly not having to wait for your copy to be available or go search for it for hours.
- The color and size of the font in an eBook is adjustable (except for PDF format where you can just zoom in and out).
- eBooks are searchable. You can easily find words, quotes, pages, and sections easily.
- Specialization and expertise: An LSP should have specialized translators in different genres of book translation, working in different industries such as education, novels, fiction, non-fiction, short stories, biography, psychology, and textbooks. In other words, an LSP should have Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) in such genres.
- Multilingualism: If a localization company has experience with a variety of languages, this makes it more reliable and aware of the different cultures on a global scale.
- Quality control process: The in-house quality process is also important. This guarantees you to receive high-quality and error-free work on time.
- Commitment: Unlike freelance translators, professional LSP companies will have strict deadlines on contract and will deliver your work on time.
- Additionally provided services: While translating a book, you may need other complementary services like Desktop Publishing (DTP), eBooks generation, book indexing, etc.
We shall answer the question we asked at the beginning of the blog, Paperback, Simply it is the textbook, there is people learned to read from a tangible book they like to feel the papers between their fingers, they don't feel comfortable when they read ebook, quoted " The ultimate joy of touching the letters printed in carbon on a page, feeling the texture of pages of a book and holding it in different styles is just priceless."
Hardback, Is a book with a solid binding, it is much expensive but a lot of people prefer hardback books
Why eBooks are more effective than the paperback, and hardback?
- EBook saves your money
- Sync your reading place
- No more storage issues
- Searchable tool
- Customization (fonts, font size, background color)
- Environmentally friendly.
- Portable and convenient
- Downloadable at a glance
Probably you are asking yourself what is the best sites to download free ebooks? right! okay here is some sites offering free ebooks Now you know everything about ebooks and especially the benefits of generating your book in an e-book form, and also we told you how to make an ebook.
it is very useful as the world is digitalized by time. the future of the paper book is the e-book. also translating your book opens up a wide side of opportunity, increase sales, and branding acquisition
if you want us to write more about ebook codes and how to make an ebook in an ebook blogpost leave a comment below
Don't waste time or the chance and Contact us Saudisoft, we provide book translation services including eBooks generation for different languages and book genres.
YOU CAN ALSO READ:
Why You Need To Invest In Software Localization
Games Localization in The Middle East
Subtitling for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (SDH): 5 Approaches
Globalization, Internationalization, Localization and Translation
Internet Speed impact on Localization Industry
What is the difference between Translation and Localization?
Translation Tools Now and Then
Amazing Facts about Translation Industry
Bidirectional Languages, Everything You Need To Know
Top 5 Best Practices For Video Game Localization
Funny mistakes in the voice over of games localization
Why you need ELearning localization?